With the holidays arriving soon, this creamy gingerbread cheesecake is perfect for the holiday season. If you bored with all the rain and chilly days, make this delicious cheesecake the tasty solution to your bitter problem.
Even though not everyone has a sweet tooth for cheesecakes, I promise that this festive dish will never make you sorry for reading this recipe. Not only is this cheesecake flavorful but it also very easy to make with this step-by-step recipe! Make sure to share this recipe with your friends and family this joyous season!
Courtesy of “BakedbyRachel” from BakedbyRachel.com:
Cook Time: 1 hour and 45 minutes
Ingredients for Crust:
- 2 cups gingerbread cookie crumbs
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 ½ tablespoons brown sugar
Ingredients for Filling:
- 3-8 ounce containers cream cheese softened (remove cream cheese from fridge at least 20-30 minutes before preparing the filling)
- 1 cup and 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- Prepare cookie dough. Divide in half. Roll out onto a baking sheet prepared with parchment paper or a Silpat. Bake at 350°F for 9-10 minutes. Remove tray from oven. Carefully cut dough up into large pieces. Continue cooking for 2-3 more minutes. Remove baking sheet, allow cooked mixture to sit for several minutes.
- When the dough has cooled down enough to handle, transfer broken squares to a food processor (or a large bag, using a rolling pin or mallet to crush). Blend until only fine crumbs remain. Measure out 2 cups worth of crumbs, set aside. Discard or store extra bits for future use. In the food processor or a large bowl, blend cookie crumbs, melted butter, and sugar.
- Wrap the outside of the spring form pan with two large sheets of tin foil. Pour crust mixture into springform pan. Shake pan to disperse cookie crumb mixture. Using a flat bottom cup or other item press down on crumb mixture to create a smooth and even crust on the bottom and partway up the side of your pan. Bake at 350°F degrees for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F degrees.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar, cream mixture. Scrape down sides of bowl before each new addition and as needed. Add vanilla and eggs. Finish with the addition of spices and molasses.
- Place springform pans into a larger pan such as a roasting pan. Pour cheesecake filling carefully into prepared crust. Pour hot water into larger pan until water is halfway up the sides of your springform pan. Very carefully place pans in the oven. Bake for 45 minutes at 325°F degrees. At the 45-minute mark, turn the oven off and leave the cheesecake for one hour with the door shut. No peeking!
- Remove cheesecake from oven and water bath. If you find it easier to remove only the cheesecake at first, remember to remove the water bath before the next time you cook. Let cheesecake sit for 1-2 hours at room temperature on a wire rack. Transfer to the fridge to sit for at least 8 hours or overnight before slicing. Store chilled.
Optional: Serve with whipped cream and gingerbread cookies.