Valentine’s Day Meal- Lobster PastaValentine’s Day is the perfect time to express your gratitude towards loved ones or friends. Whether you are spending time with a significant other or just time with family, this lobster pasta meal will make your mouth water on Valentine’s Day. Follow these steps for the perfect Valentine’s Day meal! Ingredients:
- 1 large (2 pound) fresh lobster
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 ( 8 ounce) package of dried spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 bunch of fresh parsley, chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the lobster and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, until bright red.
- As soon as the lobster starts cooking, melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and 3 cloves of garlic. Cook and stir just to release the liquid. Do not let them brown.
- When the lobster comes out of the pot, place it on a cutting board and use a big knife to cut in in half lengthwise. Place the halves meaty side down into the skillet with the onion and garlic. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Bring another pot of water to a boil and season with a little salt. Add the spaghetti and cook for 8 minutes, or until tender. If you want to save time and a pot, you could boil the pasta in the lobster water since it is already boiling, just add salt.
- Add the tomatoes to the skillet and turn the heat up to high to bring to a boil. Add the olive oil, salt, pepper and cinnamon. Cook, stirring constantly for 5 to 7 minutes. Slowly pour in the cream, stirring constantly. The sauce will become a nice pink color. Turn the heat down to medium-low. Keep warm, stirring occasionally until the pasta is done.
- Drain the spaghetti and place on a large serving plate. Stir in the remaining butter and garlic. Pour the tomato sauce over the spaghetti and arrange the two lobster halves in the center. Sprinkle all over with the parsley and serve.
Trackback from your site.