Popovers for the HolidaysThe holidays are always a time of tradition and family. One tradition in my family is having a big family dinner. Every year we cook all day and then sit down to a delicious meal. This is a recipe for popovers that I make everytime. Recipe Courtesy of Melissa d’Arabian, who hosts the Food Network show “Ten Dollar Dinners,” and yields eight servings. Ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk, warmed for 30 seconds in the microwave (should be lukewarm to warm)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Using a pastry brush, coat 8 muffin cups with 1 tablespoon of the melted butter and put the muffin tin in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the eggs in a blender until light yellow. Add the warmed milk and blend.
- Add the flour, salt, and remaining melted butter and blend until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the warmed muffin tin and return it to the oven to bake until golden, about 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, serve warm, and enjoy!
Trackback from your site.